The immigration newsletter is brought to you by our International Assignment Services' specialist Global Visa Services team in the Asia Pacific region. In our second newsletter of 2012, we highlight a number of recent immigration updates in the region including:
- Changes to Singapore’s Permanent Residence schemes for investors and entrepreneurs and a possibility of further tightening of the Employment Pass criteria;
- Japan implements a new points-based preferential system for highly qualified professionals and a new residency management system;
- Australia announces the Significant Investor Visa under new Business Innovation and Investment program;
- Thailand implements the e-Expert System to improve efficiency; and
- The Philippines issues a number of Immigration and Visa related circulars.