The Regional Tax Round-Up is a quarterly series which highlights recent changes or hot topics affecting the personal income taxation of your internationally-mobile employees across the region.
- 2017/18 Budget proposes changes to salaries tax
- Budget 2017 proposals expected to tighten compliance obligations and increase mobility costs
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) clarifies that Singapore citizens covered under the India-Singapore bilateral comprehensive economic agreement (CECA) are not required to contribute to the Indian socialsecurity scheme
- Non-permanent residents to be taxed on sale of personal property outside of Japan
- Gift and inheritance taxation reforms affecting mobile employees – relief and more exposure
- Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRB) releases public ruling regarding taxation of income from employment aboard a ship
- 2017 Budget announcement includes a one-time personal income tax rebate